Synthetic golf bunker solutions: 8 Good Reasons
Why clubs with bunker issues should contact EcoBunker Ltd.
- Golf bunkers are our passion and our experienced team of inventors, engineers and greenkeepers are committed to delivering the best synthetic bunker faces and edges.
- Free, impartial advice on artificial grass, bunker construction, drainage, liners and much more from our professional team.
- EcoBunker, our patented core product, is the most natural looking and durable edge solution on the market.
- A superior, sustainable alternative to natural revet (or sod wall) construction, EcoBunker, with a life expectancy of 20 years and more, is the invention of our MD Richard Allen. Richard remains fully committed to R&D and continual product improvement.
- We understand bunker economics and can tailor construction contract solutions, finance packages and licensing options to suit your club’s requirements.
- In pursuit of the best quality design options for your golf course we regularly work alongside leading golf course architects, to deliver a sustainable solution that fits your needs.
- Our golf bunker construction team has unparalleled experience, having delivered bunkers at St Andrews, Turnberry, Old Head of Kinsale, Ballybunion Old, Royal St David’s, Pennard, Trump National Jupiter, Secession and over 50 other courses in 8 different countries.
I first encountered Richard’s invention to solve the problem of bunker face maintenance at Southerndown GC. I was immediately impressed by the natural look and the obvious maintenance savings that it would provide. Having recently taken up the role of Course & Club Manager at Pennard GC I took the opportunity to introduce EcoBunker to a few troublesome bunkers. The response from members and committee has been very positive and I am supporting a full course renovation using this innovative approach to solving this long standing greenkeeping challenge.
Huw Morgan MG
Course and Club Manager, Pennard Golf Club
A few words from the inventor
As a passionate golfer I’ve always been fascinated by course design. After many years as a civil engineer I began to apply my knowledge of drainage and geo-synthetics to address greenkeeping challenges. Bunkers sparked my particular interest, and I was determined to devise a robust edge solution that was also aesthetically pleasing. Several years of hard work passed by, but now, my invention has been used on some of the world’s best courses in 8 different countries. At Trump National, Jupiter, the synthetic golf bunker construction method I’ve now branded as EcoBunker was described as the perfect balance of functionality and aesthetics. Whilst this website is in development I hope you enjoy this small sample of the work my team and I have delivered. We hope to see you soon.
EcoBunker Ltd in the news: Synthetic golf bunker stories
- Southerndown GC improves bunkering with EcoBunker construction method.
Read full story at golfcoursearchitecture.net
- Make major improvements to your golf course with EcoBunker.
Read full story at englishgolf-courses.co.uk
- EcoBunker Tradition bunker face set to revolutionise maintenance.
Read full story at scottishgolfcourses.com
- EcoBunker review by New Civil Engineer.
Read full story at www.nce.co.uk
The synthetic golf bunker construction method known as EcoBunker is a registered design and has an internationally recognised patent.
Photos above of Southerndown, Chart Hills, Creigiau and Trump National courtesy of Envirosports Ltd.